mardi 15 janvier 2008

Life or something like it

As I mentioned in an email to a friend today, I am ridiculously overloaded this semester and the blame is entirely on me. I was just peering at the list I made on New Year's Day and boy, does it look impossible! The happy news is that I've turned down plans to attend some missions events (the logistics would have never worked out) but the sad news is that I can't take part in Thesis Club due to my crazy schedule. I'm settling into my semester so far and am attempting to get all of the weekly course requirements out of the way this month so that I can focus on my thesis later on. I'm really going to have to buckle down and get as disciplined as I can!

I wish I had more exciting news to share on here but as usual, school is taking over any semblance I have of a life :) I am thrilled that graduation is coming closer (albeit the excitement is mixed with a sense of dread that my foolishness may get me into trouble) and that I can tell people that it's my last semester of school. I have a feeling that most people think I've been in school for too long, but I'm assuming they think I'm still finishing up my undergrad. In any case, I am anticipating the days when I can live life rather than only thinking about it - well, I suppose I am living life now but it's quite restricted to books and papers!

One thing I have really appreciated about my last year of seminary has been the Bible study group that one of my friends started after countless pleas to try and get together. I'm sure glad that God laid it on his heart - bless his patience! - since it's been a wonderful thing for all of us who are in the group. Right now, the majority of us are struggling with school and family concerns, so after a very much needed time of prayer together recently, I'm hoping that we are all feeling refreshed and renewed to press on. Since I'm writing my thesis on the topic of the church, I've definitely treasured the Christian community that I've had these past few months. God has answered my prayers for a small group to belong to in a grand way! Now I just need them to help keep me accountable with all this school stuff and that would be splendid :)

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another — and all the more as you see the Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:25

Libellés : ,