dimanche 14 décembre 2003

I'm back!

It's been such a discipline for me this last week to not blog. Granted, I still replied to comments and commented on other peoples' blogs, but it was pretty tough on me. It did help me to devote more time to studying for my finals though (as I should have been doing). So, as you can see on the checklist below, I only have 1 final exam left and my youth resource files to finish. Then I'm free...!

This means I'm a bit late with my Friday Five:

1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Winter has always been my favourite season, with the glittering snow and the crisp frost in the air, but now that I drive, I like clear streets more :)

2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
My ideal holiday celebration... well, my Christmas is never complete without our annual youth Christmas parties and our life group Christmas parties now. My perfect Christmas celebration would be when my parents become Christians and they understand the true meaning of the season, so that we could all celebrate the birth of Jesus together as a family for the very first time.

3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
We usually put the tree up every year, but this year, with my mom feeling sick and all, we haven't been able to. Umm, I also need my annual supply of Ferrero Rochers :)

4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
The youth has a Seed Christmas dinner every year and I usually go to those, but I missed this year's to spend time with my mom. I also try to put together the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes but I always miss the deadline, so this year, my life group and I tried Operation Backpack. I would love to do more for the needy, but it shouldn't be limited to just the Christmas season.

5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
I don't know. I have everything I would like already (I'm a very blessed person, thanks God!). I guess I would just like for my mom to get better and for her cancer to disappear completely.

[Listening to: So Help Me God - dc Talk - Welcome to the Freak Show: Live in Concert (04:28)]

Libellés : ,