vendredi 10 octobre 2003

Grounded in faith

I've been so down and out lately; sorry my blog's been a bummer to read. But today, after hearing our TA teach in class about the Mormon religion - somehow I felt so re-energized. That was one of the best lectures I've been to in my life. The fact that it was in Cults class seemed a little strange, but wow, talk about a way to get people back into the Word. I have an even stronger desire now to be so grounded in my faith in Christ and my thirst for reading the Bible has come back. I want to be absolutely sure of what I believe in so that I can never lose the foundation in my life. What a blessing my morning turned out to be!

Friday Five:

1. Do you watch sports? If so, which ones?
I barely have time for TV now. I used to watch the World Cup. And of course, the Olympics when it was on. I think the video editor wants me to watch football though so I can learn to be more creative for editing.

2. What/who are your favourite sports teams and/or favourite athletes?
Sports teams - go Stamps and the Flames! Athletes? I used to be really into figure skating when I was younger so I loved Kristy Yamaguichi and Michelle Kwan. I don't really follow athletes.

3. Are there any sports you hate?
Can't think of any. I'll get back to this when I think of one.

4. Have you ever been to a sports event?
Yep - I remember the first football game I went to with my youth group. My best friend and I had tickets in a different area and these old creepy drunk guys kept talking to us... eeech.

5. Do/did you play any sports (in school or other)? How long did you play?
I used to be on the soccer team - it was only for a year though. And believe it or not, I was in skipping club all throughout elementary school (is that a sport?). I was in badminton club too. Boy, I did a lot of stuff until I busted my knee playing basketball at the beginning of high school. Sadly, it still hurts like heck. I was going to be on the soccer team this year too but I'm way too busy with youth.

***

Oh yeah, please pray for my mom! She's been feeling really sick for so long now and next week, we're going to the hospital for some tests. Thanks!

Libellés : ,