mercredi 16 avril 2008

Words and more words

Thesis Thoughts:
I wonder if these updates are as agonizing for people to read as they are for me to write, especially since I'm still in the in-between period where I'm past the stage of starting but am clearly not at the end. I can almost feel the frustration ooze out of these words as I type them. The funny thing is that I've practically lost track of what I've already written so I don't know if I'm saying anything that's different from day to day. It certainly doesn't feel like a lot happens each time I update on here :) Today, for instance, is a wonderful example of that. I had such high hopes of finishing up chapter 1 and half of chapter 2 so that I could finish the rest of chapter 2 and the conclusion tomorrow night but at this moment, I am having a hard time getting to the end of chapter 1. It's turned into a monstrous length and now I'm wondering if I should cut down on chapter 2 so I don't have to write as much. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with my page length so far but only 5/8 through with the content I want to include. Oh boy.

Non-Thesis Thoughts:
I want to be done this paper so badly. I've started placing all of the books I don't need any longer on my dresser and it's a glorious image. Wait, I'm still talking about my thesis down here. And the next thing I want to say is related to it as well (I just wanted to write that there's only so many ways I can begin my sentences and that I've exhausted all of them). Well, in terms of non-school thinking, I am excited about graduation week! It'll be nice to see my friends again and to celebrate with them at the convocation ceremonies and the banquets. I'm mostly just looking forward to leaving my desk and not having to be confined to all of the books and articles surrounding me!

Libellés :