mardi 8 avril 2008

Pounding headaches

Thesis Thoughts:
I'm so happy that one of my friends has finished her thesis! There are three other people I know of who are still working on theirs, and two people whom I haven't talked to lately who may or may not be close to being done. At least we can all commiserate together! I ended up going to Bible study so I didn't get any further work done yesterday; I'll have to finish my introduction and get going on chapter one today. I have a lot of material for chapters two-three because of my prior work but I'm not anyway closer to where I thought I'd be. It was a good thing that I went last night though; I think being cooped up was making me extra grumpy and I needed to actually get out and talk to people :)

Non-Thesis Thoughts:
For some reason, I absolutely need 8 hours of sleep every night now. If I get less - even if I'm only one hour short - I end up with a dull and pounding headache. I'm not sure why this is happening to me; I used to be able to function on 3-5 hours of sleep each night in high school (it was a combination of crazy transit and excess homework from an overachieving school). And despite the fact that I pulled many all-nighters in college, I don't think I can even try that anymore. Am I just getting old?! I suppose it's a good thing my social calendar has been reduced to almost nothing so that I don't have to worry about not getting enough sleep, although it would be nice to get up earlier in the mornings. Oh, am I going to enjoy sweet freedom in about two weeks!

Libellés :