lundi 14 avril 2008

Indecision

Thesis Thoughts:
I'm halfway done! Pre-editing, of course. I still have about 13 sections to write up (some long, some short) but I've finished 14, so I'm happy that the torture is half over now :) It's unfortunate that I only have a day and a half left to write, but I'm really hoping my brain will just kick into gear somehow and churn out as many words as it can. I keep asking myself why I get into these self-created dilemmas but seeing as how this is the very last assignment I have for school, I'd rather get this done and not analyze why it took me forever to get to this point.

Non-Thesis Thoughts:
Something that I've been noticing a lot these past few weeks is that I'm a bad decision-maker; I always wait until the last minute before deciding if I'll do something or not. Not only is it frustrating for myself but I'm sure it is for others as well. I suppose it's because I like keeping my word so I want to wait until the last possible minute to decide whether I should commit to something. It can be paralyzing at times, which is a bit ridiculous when it's over minor things that probably don't matter too much in the end. The weirdest part of all this is that the Parable of the Two Sons always comes to my mind whenever I face any decision and I don't know why; it's not as if everything is a matter of grave importance. I thought I was getting better with this but maybe since I'm super busy with school right now, I'm allowing myself to become ambivalent about social activities and other little things and it's actually a form of putting off decision-making. Hmm, I'll have to think about this some more after I'm done writing (as in putting off yet another thing? Why, yes).

Libellés :