mardi 25 mars 2008

Minor milestone

At this very moment, I feel a bit more lighthearted :) I have just finished two courses, which is the remainder of the coursework for my degree! Yes, I still have the massively overwhelming thesis over my head but I am free from everything else now - hooray! I'm afraid I've been using this blog as nothing more than a way to keep track of everything I've had to do all semester, but it has been nice to chart my slow progress. It's come later than expected but regardless, I'm thrilled that my attention is no longer divided between four other classes and that I can concentrate solely on my thesis topic!

There's a verse on my wall that I posted when I began seminary. It's from Matthew 25:21 and it says,

His master replied, "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!"
I knew when I started school again that I would need a constant reminder to be a diligent worker with my assignments on a daily basis. I have such a long way to go but I'm grateful that I've been able to change my perspective on tasks that I once thought to be only tedious. However, as I look back now, I'm able to see the ways in which those little things have built up. I'm hoping that I can keep this perspective as I tackle my one last thing now; I want to be faithful with what God has entrusted me with, which includes completing my project well. I want my words to be edifying and to serve a purpose as I put them together. It'll be a daunting few weeks but I am praying that I won't see this thesis as merely a hurdle to cross to get to graduation but that it will be something that points to His glory. If it can be a paper that I am actually delighted with (as opposed to resigned with), then I have to believe that it will have all been worth it!

Libellés : ,