vendredi 7 avril 2006

Return of the five

Today's is quite short so I'll be answering another set in addition to this one:

1. Do you like chicken? Yes please! It is one of the few meats that I actually eat and will eat the most frequently.

2. What is one food you can't live without? Bread. I was going to say pizza but I can always make it using bread....

3. Are you an early bird or a night owl? Unfortunately a night owl; I wish I could change that.

4. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla.

5. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person? Neither since I'm not an animal person at all. But if I really had to choose, dogs more so than cats.

And these are the answers to March 23, 2006's questions:

1) Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself?
My nationality is Canadian, my ethnicity is Chinese and my culture is Chinese-Canadian. While there have been times that I have rejected one or the other, I think I'm at a point now where I feel most strongly Chinese-Canadian.

2) Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to?
Perhaps French-Canadian now that I'm spending more time here but it's probably more my heart for the people than feeling like I am a French-Canadian myself. And when I read English literature and poetry, I always wonder if I wasn't supposed to be English :)

3) What's one language you wish you knew fluently?
The most obvious is French. But it would be nice to know Cantonese fluently as well; I always feel like the odd duck out for not speaking it.

4) If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc., where would you go?
I'd automatically say Montreal but Western Europe sounds really nice too.

5) If you had a time machine, and could witness any one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see?
I'm fascinated by the Tudor dynasty although I cannot think of any one particular event I'd like to witness. As the stipulation said, I would only want to observe it rather than participate in it (I like where I am in the present moment).

Libellés : ,