vendredi 10 juin 2005

New subgenre

While I was travelling, Lissa recommended to me the Ashley Stockingdale series so that I'd have something to pass my time in Boston and while riding the subway. It was really good, but it's funny that I am now reading Christian chick lit. I wasn't aware such a category even existed! I read in one of the reviews of the books that it was like "Bridget Jones meets Jesus." Certainly a lot better in that the focus is not based on finding fulfillment in guys or drinking or shopping, I'd say. Anyways, it was good summer reading and perfect for my trip. Especially fitting because I ended up helping out with a wedding and going to it! It's also probably the last fiction books I'll be reading for a while as I get started on my thesis paper this weekend.

Libellés : ,