lundi 10 janvier 2005

Renewal and answers

I received my grades today for last semester and I am so ecstatic - I got all A's in my courses! Today was also the first day of a class I'm taking at a seminary with my friends. We're having a blast, and learning things that we're all passionate about. This is going to be one of the best weeks all year.

And now, to answer the questions from the meme I posted:

What is your ideal way to spend a typical free day?
I would love to read a book I've been meaning to get around to from my gigantic list, be travelling somewhere, or hang out with friends. I spent a lot of time during Christmas with friends, but not enough on reading and none on travelling!

If you could visit one place you've never been before (just for a day), where would it be?
I would love to visit Paris Montréal and magically pick up French within the span of a day and be fluent for the rest of my life :)

What has God been showing you lately and how has he been showing that to you?
God has been showing me lately that there is honour in dutifully being diligent in the little things. I am a procrastinator by nature, so I tend to neglect the little things until they spiral into bigger concerns. But God has been working on me to be obedient when I need to be, avoiding any further disasters that I get myself into. It's just like the parable with the talents - those who can be trusted with small things will eventually be trusted with greater matters. I need to keep learning that.

When did you become a Christian?
This is not quite a testimony but longer than the question intended. I grew up in a non-Christian family, not knowing anything about Jesus. I first heard about Him the summer before I started grade nine. One of my friends brought Jesus up in a conversation and she told me about His life and what Jesus meant to her. It made sense and when I received a Bible months later, I wanted to read it so much that I could have stayed up for days, devouring every single word. This was the Truth I had been searching for my whole life and through a series of witnessing firsthand God's faithfulness and love to me during grade nine, I decided to make Jesus Lord of my life, surrendering everything to the One who had changed my life forever. I love Jesus, because He first loved me, and I will follow Him no matter what the cost.

What's your favourite Bible verse?
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:2

What 5 words would you use to describe your personality?
Unusual, pensive, warm, indescribable, guarded.

Libellés :