vendredi 2 janvier 2004

The five and the quotes

I have such awesome readers!! You'll hear more about that in a second after the Friday Five:

What one thing are you most looking forward to . . .

1. ...today?

Getting more information for a road trip Lissa and I are planning.

2. ...over the next week?
Going back to school and getting back into that routine.

3. ...this year?
Going on that road trip! It'll be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation for us (two years in the works!).

4. ...over the next five years?
Finishing all post-secondary education and moving into the workforce.

5. ...for the rest of your life?
Serving Christ and others in ways I can't even imagine.

***

So, about my fantastic readers. I just wrote a post on singleness that has been in my head for the longest time and I received great responses to it.

Sarah gave me a quote that I just love:

"I'd say that the truly worst times to be single are not when everyone around you is dating, but when you are least willing to accept the challenges that God gives by not dating. I'm not even speaking about vocation- but rather, accepting the time alone to grow stronger and be happy with yourself (primacy of love should always be with God anyway). I can't say this is a general truth that makes everyone ecstatic with life, but it's my experience, and I embrace it readily now."

And Lance imparted some helpful advice:

"The only people who look upon singleness unfavourably are those who are discontentedly single themselves. Don't even bother being annoyed or bothered by them, it's honestly not worth your time. You might want to point out to them, however, how unattractive it is when someone is discontentedly single. If a girl can't handle being the beloved of Christ, I'm not about to subject her to my imperfect love." (Yes, yes, yes! This is so very true!)

Scott and Christy: I agree with you both, being single is great! There should be no shame in that! It is the most intimate gift that God has given us: this precious time to devote all of ourselves to Him, getting to know Him better and to love Him more. And Michelle, that experience is all too familiar. It's too bad that other students in Bible colleges can't see how wonderful singleness really is. We'll just have to get the message out, won't we :)

Libellés :