vendredi 31 octobre 2003

Friday Seven and a Goodbye

I'm not doing the Friday Five because I don't celebrate Halloween (pagan roots) so I'm doing the Seven from Gerrard's blog. Friday Seven:

1. Who is someone you look up to?
Besides Jesus? :) I really look up to Mel, my life group leader from high school. She is such an incredibly godly woman who has inspired me so much!

2. When you leave this world; what do you want to be remembered for?
My love for Jesus and for others, and that I committed my whole life to Him doing His will.

3. Are there any regrets?
That I didn't come to know Jesus sooner in my life. But really, I don't have any regrets because God is in my life and that has changed everything.

4. Ephesians 4: 17 (The message) tells us to not to be going along with the crowd, the empty-headed mindless crowd. How are we to avoid this then?
I try my best to remain strong in maintaining my biblical convictions no matter what. I have uncompromising values and I strive to be a person of integrity and character, so that I can hopefully be an example to others. The worst thing you can do is not stand on any ground and sway along with the crowd.

5. On a scale of 1 - 10. One being the lowest; and ten being the highest ...where would you say you are in your walk with God?
Well I won't be a 10 until I get to heaven, but everyday I want to grow closer and closer to my Lord. I still feel like a 1 because there is so much I have to learn and I desire to have a stronger walk each day.

6. What version of the Bible do you use most?
Fan of the New International Version here! The first version I read was the New American Standard Bible (most accurate from the Greek text). The Message is okay for freshness.

7. What is one or two sayings ...you would use or say ...hey; that would make a great slogan; retreat theme or T-shirt motto?
Hmm, good question! I'd like to see this verse upside down on the back of a t-shirt: "and they turned the world upside down" - Acts 17:6

***

So I'm heading off to a youth retreat this weekend. It should be fun although extremely freezing. I should go pack some warm woolies and lots of socks! I'll be back on Monday to write about everything. In the meantime, have a great and blessed weekend! I really appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to read what I write and I am honoured by that. Bye!

Libellés :