vendredi 29 août 2003

I need to come up with better titles :)

Here is this week's Friday Five:

1. Are you going to school this year?
Yes. And it'll be back to school time for me every September for the next few years.

2. If yes, where are you going (high school, college, etc.)? If no, when did you graduate?
I go to a Bible college. I hope to graduate this year :)

3. What are/were your favourite school subjects?
English. And Bible courses of course. And hopefully the youth courses I'll be taking will be great too.

4. What are/were your least favourite school subjects?
Calculus and physics. I did alright in them in the end, but for physics I had to work a million times as hard just to do well. I used to think I hated Social Studies until I found out that I had quite a knack for it, everything that is except for history. I suck at remembering every single battle in those war timelines.

5. Have you ever had a favourite teacher? Why was he/she a favourite?
Not a single teacher, but throughout the years, I've loved having:
- Mrs. H. - she lives in Australia and I used to write her letters all the time
- Ms. G. - she helped me to learn the French language and love it while doing so, as well as music
- Mrs. L. - I ended up having her for two years, which was really neat
- Mrs. S. - the first Christian teacher I remember having; she was such an encouragement and had a cheery attitude all the time!
- Mr. K. - he was a challenging but fair teacher, I later found out that he attended my church!
- Ms. Y. - she taught me so much through Social that even when I fell asleep starting to study for the final the day before and didn't wake up until the next day, I still aced the exam
- Mrs. K. - I don't know if she was a Christian, but she allowed me to express my faith in everything we did in English class)
- Mr. B. and Mr. C. - my physics teachers - they helped answer my questions every morning before class and they pushed me farther than I ever knew I could go in understanding such a complex course! I also had great conversations with them about school and life and other stuff; anyone who was a student of theirs was indeed blessed!
- Mrs. G. - another Christian teacher who really modelled God's grace and His truth to her students, she offered help but knew when to allow a student to think on their own, and she never had any favourites, we were all her favourites!

Give it up for inspiring teachers who teach more than just the subjects they're supposed to :)

Other news: I got a guitar! Now I need to learn how to play it. Might be a while. Expect wailing here soon.

Libellés :