dimanche 20 juillet 2003

Whoops

So I guess I came just a tad late to the wedding... like almost an hour. Thanks to my wonderful friend who told me it started at 1:45pm but really started at 1:00pm. Boy did I feel rude entering the sanctuary just as they were about to kiss. Whoops! I don't think I'll ever forget that one. It was an incredible wedding though (what little I caught), especially when the groom's life groups made the recessional line which they formed with swords, dressed up as knights. It was too cool! And the church was completely packed, no surprise there! It was too beautiful for words (which is why I regret missing a ton of it!). I was just so amazed at the impact that this couple made on all their friends and family, something you could truly see as everyone gathered to celebrate their special day.

Oh well, at least I got to run into an old friend and some other close friends to me. We spent the afternoon after the ceremony hanging out at McDonald's, which was so much fun. My friend Mel always makes an outing hilarious. In fact, we got kicked out of an eating establishment once because we were all being so loud... which was no fault of my own :) So that kind of made up for my late arrival.

Afterwards, I headed to church to do some stuff but it was already done so I went to the church library to borrow some books instead. My best friend (being the bookstore gal) keeps bugging me to read some fiction since all I read is non-fiction. So I decided to appease her and took out some fiction books. I took out a book that I had read before and loved getting to read it again. Now I'm on two others which the wife of one of my pastors suggested... so onto some reading now!

Libellés : ,