jeudi 31 juillet 2003

Coolest idea ever...

Okay just before I have to get off the net to call Marcy, I have to post something really cool I learned today.

I feel like an idiot for mentioning this because it's probably one of the most infamous rules around but I was so amazed when I learned it (from Mike, the professional photographer, who knows a lot... and more...)!

The Hand Rule:
Whenever you are shooting something and you realize that the footage was truly incredible, worth salvaging in post-production, you shoot your hand in front of the lens. That way, when you are capturing your footage to log into your editor, you fast-forward until you see your hand. Thus (I'm in a "thus" mood today) after seeing your hand, you know it's a money shot and you rewind so that you can record that stuff. SMART! Why didn't I think of that? And why didn't I learn this sooner?!?!? Would have saved me soooo much time in editing!

Libellés :