vendredi 4 juin 2010

A season later

Goodness, it's been quite a few months since I've posted on here; I think the commenting fiasco deterred me from writing anything until I figured it out (which I never did, as Andrew has pointed out to me). In any case, it seems like people can actually comment on Echo, so that's a strange and unexpected surprise.

I just saw that my last post was from four months ago. One of the reasons I've been largely silent is that I didn't know for sure if I would continue to have employment after February. It was a stressful time in my life but God brought me through it and I am still employed. I have much to be grateful for but also a lot to still process and work through, which will likely take a while.

Other than that, life has been ever-changing yet constant for me - I probably take these changes in stride and without much notice since my personality is pretty placid. I'm now involved in a ministry that I have avoided for eight years (ha! God has a good sense of humour) and it's been interesting. I'm also involved in the ministries of discipleship and hospitality at my church, both of which I've appreciated because they're such different activities than what I usually do.

As for this summer, I hope to travel once more although I won't know for sure until later this month. Right now, the myriad of ministry events that are coming up are consuming my time (tomorrow is my first day off after working 12 days in a row - yay!). One of the saddest things about this past year so far is that I haven't picked up a book in so long - what a shock to my system! However, I will concede that I would prefer being out with people rather than being cooped up; I suppose I won't be able to do the 100 book challenge this year so it's a good thing I accomplished that when I had time to do so :)

Libellés :