jeudi 31 décembre 2009

Seven questions

Inspired by this series of reflective questions on Michael Hyatt's blog, here are some of my responses to what life in 2009 has looked like for me:

1. If the last year were a movie of your life, what would the genre be?
Honestly, I don't know the answer to this (not a good start!) but I'd perhaps say one of those long-drawn out British miniseries where things move slowly and the conclusion is yet to come (for me, anyway).

2. What were the two or three major themes that kept recurring?
Everyday obedience; jumping into the unknown; simple pleasures.

3. What did you accomplish this past year that you are the most proud of?
Leading an adult mission team; surviving life post-grad; reading the Bible on a daily basis; meeting my reading goal.

4. What do you feel you should have been acknowledged for but weren't?
I don't feel that I should be acknowledged for this but I will admit that it was very challenging to fill in for my coworkers this year while handling my growing job responsibilities - that's not an experience I'd like to repeat this year (so far as it is possible, and if it must occur I would prefer that I'm not filling in for multiple people at the same time again).

5. What disappointments or regrets did you experience this past year? Where did you let yourself down? Where did you let others down?
I'm disappointed that I wasn't more disciplined with my exercise regimen. Another letdown for myself was having high expectations for certain things that were unrealistic. I probably let others down by my indecision and indirectness.

6. What was missing from last year as you look back?
More time with friends. More time resting in the promises of God instead of fretting. More risks. On a more positive note, I didn't have any skipped Bible-reading days which really made a difference throughout the year.

7. What were the major life-lessons you learned this past year?
Learning how to love God and others through small daily gestures - a challenge on most days I'll admit but wonderfully freeing at the same time. Rather than being worried about the big things, I've been focusing on how I can be faithful in the little things. Realizing that the sum of how I spend my days is what constitutes my life.

And now for 2010 - I pray it will continue to be a year where we can discover anew the goodness and faithfulness of God!

Libellés :