mercredi 11 mars 2009

Seasoned with grace

I'm afraid I haven't had much to say lately as my life primarily consists of work and attempts to get as much sleep as possible so as not to be a danger on the roads (and a few things in between - mostly chores and some reading). It's interesting that when I was in school, I thought that was one of the most boring things I could write about but now that I'm working full-time, updates about work aren't that exciting either. Or it could just be that I'm the common denominator and I need to figure out how to make my posts more lively :)

Lately, one of the issues that I've been dealing with is how to respond to Christians whose words have been quite 'grace-less' toward me. Frankly, I'm shocked that I've had to encounter this on a number of occasions now and it's disheartening to know that I'm getting verbally attacked in Christian ministry from fellow believers. While I shouldn't be surprised that Christians are imperfect people and therefore sinners, I guess I'm dismayed by how some of the difficulties I've encountered involve those whom I expect more from.

The funny thing is that about two weeks ago, I started praying that I would be able to communicate with love and grace in my own speech everyday - something that I desperately need because I work with lots of different people on a daily basis and because I seem to be so skilled at foot-in-mouth-itis. Now with each new day, it feels like I'm really being put to the challenge because I keep having conversations that, were it not for God, would leave me bawling (I certainly wasn't asking for that, Lord!). As a result, I'm definitely learning how powerful words can be and how even among Christians, we need to guard what we say and to make sure that we're not cutting others down. Umm, thanks for the reminder, Jesus? What a week it's been for me and it's not even Friday!

"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." - Colossians 4:6

Libellés : ,