vendredi 26 décembre 2008

Christmas reflection

Oh, I feel terrible that I haven't written anything in almost two months, much less bothered to look at my blog (sorry to those who have kindly commented to an absent blogger!). After taking almost a week off from checking my email - which I've still yet to do - and catching up on my news reader, I'm finally taking the time to say a very belated "Merry Christmas" to anyone who may be glancing this way :)

Well, I've just had my very first Christmas turkey dinner with my family and am looking forward to the leftovers - yum. I'm greatly enjoying a break from work and am not anxious to return next week. By that time, I hope to have painted my room, rearranged some furniture, and purged as much of my possessions as possible. I've spent the past several days filling in holes and cracks in the walls and will be sanding the surface soon - something I've been waiting for for months!

One lovely blessing from this Christmas is that it's pretty much been giftless (apart from receiving several delicious sweets) and honestly, I much prefer it this way. Not only have I been able to avoid the malls but I've spent more time with my family and with church celebrations without having to think about shopping. This Christmas is almost the reverse of what it was last year when we had a soaring Canadian dollar and people went crazy trying to benefit from it. Granted, the economy has really taken a fall since but I can see how it's caused people to refocus their priorities in seeing that stuff is not the answer.

Anyhow, that's a brief summary of a few of my sentiments on Christmas this year. Of course, what I love most about the season is the celebration of the virgin birth that took place two millennia ago - the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ!

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has even seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."
- John 1:14, 17-18

Libellés :