dimanche 2 novembre 2008

Nearing the end

Eek, I didn't realize that this month would be absolutely crazy but it's becoming more so. It wasn't until I was out for breakfast with friends yesterday that I realized I'll have to figure out how I can attend a dance performance, a wedding, a church presentation and a college reunion all in the same weekend. This is going to be tough; I don't want to miss any of these but I have to say no to something... sigh.

It's been a hard couple of weeks for me lately, personally and professionally (which probably accounts for the complaining on here - sorry). I'm just so weighted down and burdened, making for several sleepless nights and agonizing days. I've been crying out to God repeatedly, asking for His peace, and going through His Word for something to comfort me. These are a few of the verses that have touched my heart:

"In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered me by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies.

I was pushed back and about to fall, but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
- Psalm 118:5-7, 13-14

Libellés :