samedi 1 mars 2008

Relief and panic

Now that the drama from the previous post is over, I can share a bit more. The letter I received this week came bearing the unfortunate news that I could not graduate at all this year, despite my best efforts to coordinate the logistics of my program on my own so that I could (at this school, it's the student's responsibility to plan their schedule, not the registrar's). Well, that was quite upsetting as it was completely unexpected, especially since I had been told twice this year that I did meet the graduation requirements. It ended up being a strange misunderstanding and things are better sorted out now, so I am relieved. At the same time, it also means that I have two weeks left to finish an entire course; thus, the panic is setting in once again. I'm actually going to be super-ambitious and try to finish three courses in the next two weeks - it's do-able if I maintain my diligence and apply a strict schedule to my days but it means I can't exactly do anything spontaneous. This is infinitely better than having to wait an entire year just to graduate though.

Well, I am grateful that this situation didn't end up as bad as I thought it would be. It's a good thing most of our worries never really materialize, hey? The primary reason I was frustrated was because this has happened to me before and it just felt like it was going to be another unending battle with paperwork and administration. The paperwork problems that I encountered last summer so that I could register for this year alone were enough of a headache so I didn't really want to do that again. Thankfully, things are a bit less complicated this time around as the problem is only with one class as opposed to a barrage of things. Wait, last time, it was only one class as well! Maybe this is a trend within my life; if I decide to go for additional postgraduate studies, I should see if this happens to me once again. After this week, I think I'm a bit more prepared to expect the unexpected from school - a good lesson indeed. I just hope my emotions don't go flying all over the place in the future like it did this week :)

Libellés : ,