samedi 8 mars 2008

Printemps

I love taking strolls on days like this - it's so bright, refreshing, and cheery! I'm glad that I got to enjoy the sunniest reading break ever (okay, it's been my only reading break ever) and I'd have to say it was nice not to have to face all the snowstorms in Montreal. And now, the gorgeous weather seems to be continuing; what a nice start to March!

I've been plugging away on my course projects and it's been great to get a few things done. This week was a little impossible in terms of getting everything finished since it was pretty full but it was lovely to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while. All in all, I have had a church meeting, three academic meetings, four restaurant outings with former professors and classmates, and four meetings at peoples' houses in the past five days. I had to cancel a few other plans unfortunately but no wonder I'm feeling a little run-down! I hope I can catch up with a lot of things this weekend :)

In non-school news, I'm really excited to hear that there will be a Canadian "Do Not Call" registry that will be up and running this fall. For some reason, I have been bombarded with an excessive amount of telemarketing calls over the last few months and it's been driving me nuts! Of all the calls I receive, maybe 2 out of 10 calls are actually legitimate; the rest fall into the category of hurried-speaking-indicating-some-marketing-pitch call. I usually end up ignoring them but really, when they keep calling during the evenings when I am trying to do my homework, it's somewhat frustrating. It'll be nice if this registry does become one step closer toward eliminating these pesky calls!

Libellés :