jeudi 24 mai 2007

More movies

I am so, so looking forward to the Jane Austen festival on PBS next year!! Having just watched Sense and Sensibility and Northanger Abbey, I'm anxious to see the new BBC productions this winter. S&S 1981 wasn't that bad (although I did constantly compare it to S&S 1995 in my head) but Northanger Abbey was just scary! The score was clichéd 80s music and the acting was a little strange. I understand that it was a parody of the Gothic novel era but watching the movie shouldn't make one feel creeped out, especially if it's Jane Austen! But I digress, the new one should be better. The actor playing Henry Tilney in the 2007 movie is the same one who played Sam Beeton in The Secret Life of Mrs. Beeton (great movie!). I have a feeling I won't be watching any movies this summer while I'm away so it's nice that I've been able to indulge in a few lately :)

Libellés :