mercredi 23 août 2006

Scattered summary

It is such a relief to finish school for the summer, even if I only have two weeks left to enjoy my time off. I've been able to get out a bit more and even received my first mosquito bites of the summer (obvious hint: staying indoors and writing papers is a great way to prevent insect bites)! Unfortunately, I received six of them just from sitting on a lawn chair in a park.

Over the past two months, I've enjoyed helping out with children's ministry at my church and I'm really excited about this coming weekend. It's going to be salvation weekend and we're praying for the kids to invite Jesus into their hearts for the first time (prayer would be fantastic)! All of the lessons that we've been teaching has been leading up to this and I know God has been drawing these little kids closer to Him through these presentations of Christ. I admit I'm nervous about this and I'm praying that the Holy Spirit will guide me as I pray with the kids.

I'm not transitioning between my paragraphs too well here, probably to the dismay of my English professor. One of my friends is getting married the first weekend of September but it's in a different province so I won't be able to celebrate with her. Another one of my friends just got engaged last week. And I'm waiting for one other engagement announcement to come soon from some friends in Quebec. In addition to this, I think there was about fifteen or so weddings that took place with fellow Bible college classmates. Phew!

I'm noticing that some people on my blogroll have stopped blogging... either from the end of a mission experience or a decision to stop writing online after a certain period of time. I'm going to miss reading some of those great posts but such is the variable nature of the internet. There have been times when I thought about ending this blog since I'm getting pretty horrible at updating but I'll keep it for now.

And to end this summary, here are some random links: If only we had these books and class was like this via Challies

Libellés : ,