lundi 28 août 2006

Hitting the books

It's hitting me that I'm starting seminary in a week now! Summer has gone by quickly and all of a sudden, I'm only left with a few days before I'm back in classes. School itself is enough of a shock but this time, I won't be seeing the familiar walls of my college. I should be getting prepared but I don't know what classes I'm taking this fall or even how many. My course schedule depends on whether I will receive transfer credit and advanced standing, so at this point it's a matter of waiting (and worrying!). In the meantime, I can finish up some errands and post fun things like this book meme:

1. One book that changed your life: Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
2. One book that you've read more than once: Unfortunately, Society: The Basics - I had read this for Sociology 30 in high school but had the exact same textbook for my college Intro to Sociology course again
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Bible!
4. One book that made you laugh: What a Girl Wants - these lines crack me up every time: "I call Jim 'Wild at Heart Man' because he can't seem to say a thing without quoting John Eldredge. Trouble is, I think Jim missed the message of that book because he's not more masculine, just more annoying."
5. One book that made you cry: Redeeming Love
6. One book you wish had been written: A book about Quebec churches and the state of Christianity in that province that looks like an updated form of Transforming Our Nation
7. One book you wish had never been written: Anything by Brian McLaren (I'll probably get flack for this)
8. One book you're currently reading: The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind
9. One book you've been meaning to read: Chasing the Dragon (since high school now)

Hmm, a few things to do before I'm swamped with homework:
- See Bon Cop, Bad Cop
- Go to IKEA
- Finish reading library books
- Sleep (not a very exciting list but I'm sure other things will pop up!)

Libellés :