vendredi 2 juin 2006

A distant echo

Finally, a chance to write on here. This past month has probably been the worst for updating in the almost three years I've had this! At the same time, I have not kept up with what's been happening to anyone, so I have a lot of archives to go through when I get back!

I can remember the first day that I spent in Québec City and how I was already counting down the days until I could go back to Montréal - I'm hitting the single digits now! Looking back after a month, I suppose I have had an enjoyable time here. I've experienced the shock of dorm life and I've learned to be very grateful for every morsel of food that comes my way. For the first time ever in my life, I have been able to read my Bible in the mornings when I get up rather than just before I fall asleep with the worry that I will end up crumpling some pages (but out of habit, I can't not go to bed without reading it either).

Along with this quick update, I should mention that my French classes have been going well. Learning another language has definitely kept me humble as there are many days where I cannot even communicate on the simplest level. It's the worst when my professor calls on me during one of my staring-off-into-space moments in class (I don't think I ever used to do this!).

There's more I could say, but learning French has affected my writing abilities in my own language so I'm going to keep this short. I hope that by the time I get home, my brain isn't as muddled as it has been for the last few weeks :)

Libellés : ,