mercredi 15 mars 2006

The rest for now

I forgot to mention that I didn't intend on coming back to my Christian college for my third year (hence the graduation). I had applied to a different school to learn videography but missed the very last step of the process, ending up on the waiting list instead. I was filled with both disappointment and yet a strange sense of joy that God had closed the door and it was then that I knew I would be returning for a third year.

With a major I was now content in, I jumped into it wholeheartedly. I became a student leader for one of the mission teams, and I went to Montreal for the first time. I guess if I had gone to the other school, I would have missed out on knowing an amazing group of people this side of the country. I'm glad it didn't work out that way :)

Now that I'm in my fourth year, it has been such an adventure! I entered into an intensive missions training program and became very good friends with my cohort. We are presently all over the world and within a few weeks, will be reuniting again. And if I can complete all of my courses in time, I will be finished with my program. I still get a kick out of what God has done within such a short time span but how much an impact it has had on me.

High school me and almost finished college me - what a picture! And in a few months, I will be entering grad school. I found a funny sticker that says this:


I feel like I'm putting myself into a perpetual state of studenthood, and am a little worried for when that ride will be over. But I am confident that God will continue to guide and lead me, and take me through all sorts of experiences. Honestly though, I am ready for a break this summer before I return to school. I need it for my sanity!

Libellés : ,