lundi 6 mars 2006

February Hometown Six

I'm a little late with this, but here are my pictures. There's more than six and some of the pictures are of Quebec City as well. This is the list of places that was required for Hometown Six this past month:

1. Town Hall/Village Office/City Building/etc.

I don't know what these buildings are, but they look official and they are beside each other. I figure one ought to qualify :)

2. Main Street

I found out that there is a 'main street' - the one that historically divided the English from the French within the city: St. Laurent Boulevard. The second one is a popular tourist location in Quebec City.

3. Local Transit/Vehicle/Mode of choice

I'm amazed by how much graffiti there is in Montreal! Anyways, I take the bus and the metro to get around the city. I've taken the AMT (commuter train) a couple of times but that is a rare privilege.

4. Shopping Complex

These are of stores rather than of a shopping complex. The first is of the inside of a store called Reno-Depot. The second is of a Couche-Tard ("sleep late"), also known as Mac's convenience stores in the rest of Canada.

5. Cultural Centre/Theatre/Something of that sort

I don't think I have any pictures of cultural places in Montreal, but here are pictures of the Chateau Frontenac and the Quebec Parliament, and the National Fortifications of Quebec (a historic Canadian site), both in Quebec City.

6. Local Police/Police Station/etc.

This is as close as I could get; it's one of the police headquarters (poste de quartier) in Montreal.

Libellés :