mardi 7 février 2006

Visiting and interaction

One of the nicest things about being a short-term missionary in a location that my school has previously visited is that I get to see familiar faces again! Things are coming together for their visit here and I'm excited that some of my friends are coming back :) Another nice thing is that Montreal is located near a lot of other large urban centres so if I have the chance to go on a trip, I can choose between New York, Toronto, Boston, Ottawa, etc. One can never travel enough.

I'm behind on my homework but I'll quickly post these quotes I came across:

"History shows that usually when a nation dies it is the result of their mistreatment of the Jews." - Deridder

"When Ham rebelled against Shem, one by one, the tribes of Ham were destroyed and reduced to a minor state: Egypt, Canaan, the Hittites. When the Greeks overran Palestine and desecrated the altar in the Jewish temple, they were soon conquered by Rome. When Rome killed Paul and many others, and destroyed Jerusalem under Titus, Rome soon fell. Spain was reduced to a fifth-rate nation after the Inquisition against the Jews; Poland fell after the pogroms; Hitler's Germany went down after its [offenses against] anti-Semitism; Britain lost her empire when she broke faith with Israel." - Barnhouse
Thoughts? I don't know any specific history behind this, and how credible a source it is, but it could make for interesting discussion.

Libellés :