mercredi 1 février 2006

Rest of Hometown Six

It took a while but here they are! The problem was that I had a difficult time finding signs that just said Montreal, since I usually only saw those that had the name of the borough instead.

This is a fun one. I imagine you don't have to be Chinese to go here, but it is conveniently located in Chinatown.

Yay, an NFB office! I've been a member for a while but I don't know what that all entails. It's not a sign per se, although I could argue that it indicates something which is what signs are meant to do :)

"Montreal" is a little small on this, but what is great is the Bloc Quebecois sign. Their slogan was: "Heureusement, ici, c'est le Bloc." Ever since I came and saw the election signs, I knew I had to take a picture. I can't believe I found one with Gilles Duceppe on it!

I have no clue what this sign means but it looks like a happy one. Aww.

For the bonus picture, I was really grasping at straws because I could not find anything at first. I'm glad I did later on because this looks like I didn't go too far (and yet I did).

Wow, home for the next few months. I'm grateful that the weather hasn't been too bad yet and that I have had such a great time with friends here. Right now, I'm listening to Lisa Simpson speak Quebecois and I'm amazed at how close everyone's voices are to the original version! If only all dubbing was like that :)

I'm looking forward to February's Hometown Six albeit it won't be like January's where I had to span two cities! I'm hoping there will be another occasion this year where I will get to do that again though.

Libellés :