dimanche 12 juin 2005

More goodbyes

I guess one of the hardest things about being in a big church is that you end up going through a lot of staff changes. It happened so often when I was working in youth ministry that I had no choice but to get used to it. I think I said about ten goodbyes in only three years! But now that I'm working in a different ministry, it's hit me all over again and it's been really hard trying to deal with it. All in the span of two weeks, I've found out that three people that I've been particularly close to are no longer working in the department that I serve in. Two in just two days, actually. The most difficult part is that these people have known me since high school and throughout college, and they were always there for me. Whenever I had a spare in school, I would stop by the church just to hang out with them. The church staff was my church family and I knew their homes were always open to me. After just saying farewell to my friends in Montréal, I'll have to go through it all over again.

Libellés :