mercredi 22 juin 2005

Back to the future

I've been blogging for two years now. I still don't think I'll get used to that word though :)

I've been cleaning my room this past week (wonderfully exciting) and getting ready for my move next year. It'll be nice knowing that I've cut down on the boxes and boxes of paper I've managed to accumulate through my life. Yesterday, I came across this youth financial magazine from 1990 with a blurb called "What's New?" I'll share the funniest portions:

Future World
The World Future Society offers the following predictions - by the year 2000:
- The lifespan of cars will be about 22 years, compared to 7.5 today.
- Dangerous prisoners will be sent to distant planets or to underwater prisons. Robots will be their guards.
- Mariculture, or ocean farming, may produce more food than land farming.

Computer Jitters
If you're worried that you need to know all there is about computers to get a job in the future, don't. While most workers will need a basic knowledge of computers, only 5% of the workforce will need extensive computer training and education. The engineers, scientists, computer designers, programmers and repairers of tomorrow will get the computer training they require with their education.

- excerpted from Street Cents Vol. 1, No. 1, 1990

Libellés :