dimanche 19 décembre 2004

We're in for some change

Major news broke out at my college just a few days ago. I'm still reeling in shock, along with the entire student body. The semester is over for me, but it's going to take a while to let the news sink in. Basically, they're letting one of our profs go, and the school's reasons for doing so are causing a storm of rants. I'm trying to understand the other side but it's not easy from a student's perspective. Weirdly enough, this change somehow indirectly benefits the program that I'm in, but at the expense of about 90% of the other students. It's not an expense I support at all, and I wish there was some sort of student forum that could be held regarding this 'surprise'. Unfortunately, there's no school until next year and by then, it is definitely too late. I don't know what to say about this, because I got to know the prof well this year. Not only is it an academic loss, it's a personal loss for me too.

Libellés :