lundi 30 août 2004

Dead fish

I've always been taught that a firm, strong handshake is what you should give when greeting someone. None of this limp, slimy hand stuff. But throughout my job this summer (and church too), I've had to shake a million hands and I've noticed that few adults give a good handshake. I get the impression that when they shake my hand, it's as if my fingers are contaminated and they'd like nothing more than to minimize any contact with me. Yeah sure, there's the whole issue of germs and such, but it's pretty offensive when it seems as though the idea of shaking someone's hand is grotesque and it's acted out in the form of a dead fish.

Oh well, at least I learned proper handshaking in junior high. I wonder if anyone else learned that in class? I think it's pretty important to know.