vendredi 12 mars 2004

I will go for the glory of God

Don't these books make me look incredibly smart?

I spent twelve hours straight today trying to figure out a church planting strategy for a certain unreached people group. And I loved every single second of it. Mostly because I'm pretty much a visionary and in my mind, I could picture a church of these people worshipping God, singing their hearts out to Him and praising Him with every fibre of their being. What a beautiful image! For these people to experience freedom from curses, spirits and superstitions and to fully live in Christ, my heart soars just thinking about it.

"If you have apostolic passion, you are one of the most dangerous people on the planet. The world no longer rules your heart. You are no longer seduced by getting and gaining but devoted to spreading and proclaiming the glory of God in the nations.... The Father's passions have become your passions. You find your satisfaction and significance in Him. You believe He is with you always, to the end of life itself. You are sold out to God, and you live for the Lamb. Satan fears you, and the angels applaud you. Your greatest dream is that His name will be praised in languages never before heard in heaven. Your reward is the look of pure delight you anticipate seeing in His eyes when you lay at His feet and the just reward of His suffering: the worship of the redeemed."
- Floyd McClung, "Apostolic Passion"


[Listening to: Jesus Name Above All Names - Charlie LeBlanc - Songs 4 Worship: Holy Ground Disc 2 (03:30)]

Libellés :