lundi 15 mars 2004

Driving irritations

1) I don't know why the moniker is Leadfoot. In reality, it's more like Deadfoot. Where some people don't realize that you need to actually apply pressure with your foot to the gas pedal to ensure that your car continues moving along at the correct speed limit (no, it's not 60 km/hr, or for the Americanos, 38mph).

2) High beams in the city on a bright, clear night. Really, these people are not driving on country roads in horrible weather conditions here (despite the fact that some highways feel that way). Are they out to blind everybody in their path? Because it's certainly working for me and ow, it hurts.

3) I need to get one of those bumper stickers that say, "If you can read this, you're too close." It's not as if I'm going at a snail's pace or anything; I'm obviously going over the speed limit (but enough to get by legally)! And yet I attract tailgaters like bees to pollen.

Oh, and this list is not meant to make me sound like a driving pro. Me, of all people, a pro, yes it's a laugh. No, they're things that have bugged me for the longest time, and I just remembered to blog them.

Other irritation: I've never really left class upset before but sometimes... argh. People can be so ignorant. Even if they're Christians and just making jokes, those jokes are still rude and hurtful. I don't even know what to say in response except that their bubble needs to be popped because other people do exist. This is something I've been working to get rid of, but tonight reminds me all the more why I should eliminate it from my own life.

[Listening to: There You Go - Caedmon's Call - 40 Acres (03:20)]