samedi 28 février 2004

New media

Since I'm at church for the usual twelve hours tomorrow, I thought I'd post today instead.

So last week was Reading Week at school, but I didn't do any work for my classes. It ended up being Yearbook Week for me, but I can't complain. The yearbook is half finished now and I'll be finishing the rest this week. The only way I could have survived working on it for 10 straight hours each day was due to RadioU. It was hilarious though because they always ended up playing their most hardcore songs whenever anyone walked into the office, so I ended up getting looks from my friends that said, "You like Christian thrash-metal?!" Haha, well I did find a few new favourite bands last week, such as Eisley, Further Seems Forever, Anberlin and Watashi Wa. Check them out if you get a chance.

Has anyone seen "The Passion of the Christ" yet? I'll be seeing it this weekend with a bunch of friends from high school, and probably again with my life group after I've seen it for myself and gotten minor release forms from their parents. Lissa told me to bring tissues when I see it and no doubt, I'll need them.

"Many have said the violence in the film is too much. So much, in fact, that it is numbing. One thing is for certain; you feel Christ’s passion and agony as he is tortured and crucified. The film is a portrait of pain. With each whip that is cracked, with each nail that is pierced, and with each drop of blood that falls, the audience is there as if they were eyewitnesses to the true event."
- Adam Duckworth, The Phantom Tollbooth

[Listening to: From Above - Burlap to Cashmere - Streams (05:16)]