mercredi 14 janvier 2004

Stillness

Isn't it interesting that being stressed is nearly a requirement for normal living nowadays? That people who are incredibly busy with full schedules are regarded as more important than those with laid-back lives? I see it everywhere, people are making tons of appointments in their Palms and they need an itinerary for each day. Time dictates them, controlling every single second of living. I certainly fall into this category. It's not unusual for me anymore to have meetings left and right and I barely escape a day without having to do a million errands and tasks. I dislike the fact that as I get older, the more I will become like this, becoming increasingly busy. I barely have time to take a break and when I do, I feel guilty that I'm not doing something productive. My mind is always in the mode that if I don't do something, it won't get done. I neglect this fact:

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
- Psalm 46:10


I rarely remember times that I am still, simply waiting on God. I'm always in a rush and I've developed the fear to slow down. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I don't think I've ever fully surrended my day to Him. Then I start relying on myself and letting time consume me. I know it's going to be tough incorporating stillness into my life everyday, but I know that it will be worth doing so. I don't want to let my timing interfere with God's perfect timing. I want to be less time-dependent and more God-dependent.

Libellés :