mercredi 7 janvier 2004

Great lines

My psychology professor reminds me of Mr. Gibbs. I think it's his beard. I didn't really have a chance to do much this Christmas break, except for watching Pirates of the Caribbean at least 5 times or so. Blame my dad for getting the DVD :) Actually, I'd have to say it's my favourite movie of 2003 (excluding Return of the Kings, but that was part of a trilogy, so it technically doesn't count). It was also the second highest grossing movie of last year. If you've seen it, you'll recognize these:

Elizabeth: Captain Barbossa, I am here to negotiate the cessation of hostilities against Port Royal.
Barbossa: There be a lot of long words in there, miss. We're naught but humble pirates. What is it that you want?
Elizabeth: I want you to leave and never come back.
Barbossa: I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no."

Mr. Gibbs: Then, on the fourth day, he roped himself a couple of sea turtles and made a raft.
Will Turner: He roped himself a couple of sea turtles.
Mr. Gibbs: Aye. Sea turtles.
Will Turner: What did he use for rope?
Jack Sparrow: [from beside them] Human hair.
Jack Sparrow: [pause] From my back.

Will Turner: This is either madness... or brilliance.
Jack Sparrow: It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide.

Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
Elizabeth: One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me; do you really think that there is EVEN the slightest chance that they won't see it?
Jack Sparrow: But why is the rum gone?

Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm just honest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest... Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Jack Sparrow: [to Governor Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place... spiritually... ecumenically... grammatically.


Source: Memorable Quotes

Libellés :