samedi 6 décembre 2003

Much to say - part 1

I think I have a virus on my computer now. Crud. My first one ever. I've been so careful for the last seven years and tonight, I go and open up an attachment from someone I don't know. I wasn't even thinking about it, and then bang, it hits me - uh, that was a virus. That was so stupid of me! Yes, all you techies can yell at me for doing the very thing that people aren't supposed to! So um, don't open anything that says "CanadaEssay" in the subject line.

I had a tech meeting today and helped out at a funeral afterwards. It was of the oldest brother of one of the kids in my youth. Please lift this family up; the death was extremely sudden and he had just gotten engaged. Everyone was in shock today, but it was incredible to see how many lives this person touched. The sanctuary was full and you could just tell that he was able to share the love of Christ with all of these people in his life. This verse was included in the handout given to everyone:

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. [I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.']"
- Lamentations 3:21-24


I then went Christmas shopping and ran into one of my friends from college. While shopping at Walmart, we ran into a guy in a dress. But not just any guy. A guy that went to our college last year. Yes, a male Bible college student was wearing a dress in the middle of Walmart. It was rather funny because as we were standing there gawking at him, women walked by and started commenting on his dress. He said that it was because of his brother's bachelor party that he was wearing it. Apparently, there were about seven or eight other guys all over the city in different Walmarts wearing dresses on a scavenger hunt. I feel terribly sorry for guys now. Your friends sure plan the worst bachelor parties for you!! Reason #405 for why I am glad I'm not a guy :)

Doesn't the Bible say something against guys wearing dresses?

[Listening to: Into Your Heart - Seven Places - Lonely for the Last Time (03:04)]