lundi 15 décembre 2003

"Look Into My Future"

I was just digging through some old school stuff and came across a paper that I wrote for CALM (Career and Life Management) 20 class a few years ago. I thought I'd share my intro:

"It is raining and the leaves are rustling outside. The air has taken some sort of a chill. I am writing by candlelight as the hearth cackles nearby. I am reminiscing as I know I will die shortly within a few hours. For some odd reason, the most vivid memory I can recall is the time I was in Calm class in high school.* Oh but that was at the time everyone thought there was some silly "Y2K" bug going around. A year of nonsense and rubbish! A teacher assigned us some paper where we were supposed to write an essay predicting our life. How ludicrous it was to imagine what we would be in a lifetime crammed into two pages. Before I pass away, I will write down all that has happened to me in these short pages just as I did many years ago."

*major sucking up to the teacher here

Anyways, it continues on and I'm laughing to myself about all the stuff I wrote back then.

First of all, the most vivid memory I have is not CALM class. Secondly, I did not take the year off after high school to travel around the world "visiting exotic lands and photographing it all". Neither did I go to university. And obviously I could not have majored in dentistry in Bible college (although Trinity Western University does have a pre-dentistry program which I looked into). I did not end up sharing an apartment with all of my friends. And I don't think I will ever go through "enough caffeine to supply a city such as New York" seeing as how I hate coffee. I doubt I'll open up my own dentistry practice. And without those skills, I don't think I'd be able to travel to third-world countries to help treat people.

Funny how wrong I ended up.

Today I'm at Bible college, majoring in youth ministries with a concentration in intercultural studies. I'll be graduating this year and hopefully moving onto film and video studies. Then I plan on returning to finish up some courses. I don't know where I'll end up. I still don't have a clue what God wants me to do. For all I know, He could have completely different plans for me. After all, I went from dentistry to nursing to Bible college. I think God likes to do that :) But I'm going to trust Him and see where He leads me!!

[Listening to: You've Got Me - Steven Curtis Chapman - All About Love (03:07)]