dimanche 21 décembre 2003

I pulled a Smeagol

I went super early to church this morning so that I could get a seat for our Christmas concert because it was so crowded! I can't wait until we get into our new church building :) Anyways, it was a fantastic concert and my friend's tech team was on, but I was told that they weren't at all this month. Well, the technical director of that team (who is currently in Mexico) was wrong so I didn't bring a birthday card for my friend Dan. Dumb thing is, I bought that card six months early so I wouldn't forget! It's so perfect for him too - it's got a picture of a monk on front - which describes Dan to a tee.

Then I went to the Cheesecake Café for Sunday brunch. Here is where I pulled my interesting stunt. Okay, the only type of fruit that I'll eat is "common" fruit, you know, bananas, apples, oranges, pears, grapes, that sort of thing. I do not like melons, or other "exotic" fruits. So with lots of poppy seed dressing left over that I requested, I didn't want to waste the rest of it. I ended up dipping my toast into it, which turned out to be scrumptious! End result, at one point, I looked like a scene from Lord of the Rings where Smeagol is hungrily stuffing food into his face like a pig. Oh well. I have enough self-esteem that I won't deny my hunger. Even if other people laugh at me... d'oh!