lundi 8 décembre 2003

Accountability

One of my guy friends approached me at church yesterday about something in my life that has not been good. This isn't the first time it's happened. In fact, ONLY guys have had the nerve to tell me that I need to change. I don't mind at all because I respect these guys and I love the fact that they're challenging me to a deeper level of holiness. I do mind that girls don't tell me this sort of stuff. I need to hear it from everyone who interacts with me, if I am acting in a way that is considered stumbling to others or if I'm just plain acting stupid. Accountability should not be limited to one gender, as it seems to be for me. I need to be held accountable to girls as well, because they are the ones who are going through the same struggles and can provide input on how to become a more godly and mature woman.

[Listening to: Lookin' at You (Lookin' at Me) - Nichole Nordeman - This Mystery (03:37)]

Libellés :