dimanche 5 octobre 2003

Running the race

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27


Sometimes I am so discouraged in my Christian walk because I feel I am not disciplined enough. I wonder if I'm really trying or if I'm doing things out of routine. When I pray, read the Word, attend church - is it still a passion of mine or am I simply used to it? And am I doing enough? Couldn't I be praying more, helping others more, getting into the Bible more? I don't feel like I'm doing my best to run for the prize and I worry I'm getting complacent in my faith. I'll be honest, I don't think I'm being challenged as much as I expected when I decided to go to a Christian college. I think having been in public education all my life made me even more sure of my identity in Christ, and now that I'm in a Christian setting (I'm not talking about church) - I no longer feel unique or different in Him. And this has caused me to settle into a monotonous routine. I'm going all over the place with this, but I think I just need to refocus on my first love and really spend time with Him.

Libellés :