mardi 9 septembre 2003

What a long day!

I have a feeling Tuesdays are going to be long days for me all semester now! I had a morning history class (which does not bode well with me because I dislike history so to have it first thing...!) which seemed like forever but passed more quickly than usual because we were watching an "Evolution" film today. The point of it was to show how people approach history with their own presuppositions which bias their interpretation of it, which was definitely conveyed through the cheesy animation - way to go National Film Board of Canada!

Then I headed to chapel, which was a good time of worship and we broke into our small groups for the year. I'm currently leading the missions group that's going to Montréal, but of all the people that showed up today, only 1 or 2 wanted to go there while the rest planned on going to El Salvador! To top that off, the leader for the El Salvador trip wasn't even there to help me answer some questions about it! But that's okay, he'll be there for the meeting on Thursday.

English class came and I realized that tons of people at the college had either gotten engaged over the summer or married. We were doing paragraph structure which led to discussions about how we were totally a bridal college. I was going through in my head all the couples I knew and I got lost somewhere around 10 - sad! Then came the 4 hour break in between my afternoon class and my evening class. I'm pretty used to these, since I had them all last year but now I have friends I can hang out with in between. I did some homework and then installed tons of software on the yearbook computer which got boring pretty quickly.

Afterwards, my friend and I headed out to eat, and just as we were crossing the street across the school, I almost got hit by a car. I probably would have too, but thankfully I was walking slower than he was and that gave the driver just enough time to slam the breaks. Pretty scary though!! And when we finally got to Wendy's, I flustered the cashier and he was so worried that he'd lose his job because he had to void my order three times since he misunderstood me all three times. Somehow, only these things seem to happen to me. When it was finally time for the evening class, I was so exhausted but mustered enough energy to keep awake, which was a tad difficult. Anyways, that was my long day. I don't know why I posted an hour-to-hour synopsis of such a boring day but one day, I can look back and say, "I survived that Tuesday... literally!!"

Thanks to Tracy for posting about me, I much appreciate it! And thanks as well to Matt for being a faithful reader - it's nice to know my random ramblings aren't being completely rejected :) Blessings!

Libellés :