dimanche 28 septembre 2003

Sound familiar?

Tonight was an extended night of worship at church, which was really nice to have back again for September, since it was cancelled during the summer months. It's just so wonderful being in His presence, singing songs of praise and declaring our love for Him!

Earlier in the service as we were singing a song, these words just jumped out to me:
"For what do I have if I don't have you Jesus?
What in this life could mean anymore?"
- Starfield "Cry In My Heart"


And in my head, I was trying to picture what my life would have been like if my friend had never told me about Him and if I had never accepted Him into my life. It was such a horrible thought but the stark contrast between my life now and what my life could have ended up like completely sobered me. I realized how truly carnal I was and how without God's grace transforming me, I would still be that person living a selfish and world-chasing life. I am still the trace of that person, but having Jesus in my life... it just... words can't describe it but I am no longer who I was. And that is the most powerful testimony I think anyone can have - the evidence of a life that is so radically changed by Jesus that the old person doesn't even resemble the new.

Now I must go to bed. My pastor pointed out in his sermon today that sleep is a gift from God. And my friends point out to me all the time how I never get enough of it. So now I have the best excuse ever, hallelujah!
"In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat -
for he grants sleep to those he loves."
- Psalm 127:2

Libellés :