mercredi 24 septembre 2003

Schooling

Just found out my friend Cami plans on going to VFS! That is so cool; she's going to have a great time there! It's supposed to be one of the best or probably THE best film school in all of Canada. One of my friends from high school ended up going there too. I'm sure he'll be a famous producer/director/editor/whatever he wants to do with his talent soon. I figured I should post this as a reminder so I wouldn't forget to apply soon to the program I'm hoping to get into. And until I do, I won't mention which one it is (although I've already told some people). :)

Last night, my church had our youth missions meeting in my college chapel (convenient hey?) which I got to miss class for. I guess I was kind of flippantly saying yesterday that I was allowed to skip class for this, which was really stupid of me to say. I should have said that I was able to skip class for this and not that I was allowed. Ugh, I can be so retarded when I talk. And hopefully people don't think I like to skip (even though I was really excited that I could last night) because I don't, but I got to see my kids at the meeting, which is totally better than class right? Oh yeah!

Oh and another change in missions - the grade 10s won't be going to Montréal this year, it's been changed to Montana! So it's funny that I was supposed to be going to Montréal twice this year but now I'm not at all. Instead, it'll be Montana and possibly El Salvador... hmm not sure about the latter just yet but I've been praying about it!

I had today off from school because of a cancelled class so I got to run some errands with my mom. I was standing in line forever today and I remembered that when I was in elementary school and waited in lines, I would always say to myself in my head: "Zero the hero, first the worst, second the best....". And that's all I would remember! So I looked on the net and found a few weird endings:

"Third the dirty donkey"
"Third the one with the hairy chest"
"Third the nerd"
"Third the turd"
"Third the golden bird"
"Third the nerd the golden bird"

"Fourth the golden eagle"
"Fourth the king"
"Fourth the dork"
"Fourth the angel"

"Fifth the witch in the ditch"
"Fifth the queen"
"Fifth the ghost"

"Sixth the one in the washing machine"
"Sixth the one who burnt the toast"


So which is the accurate one? Or which one do you remember saying all the time when you were younger? I guess you could mish-mash all of these together somehow too! Drop me a comment and let me know so that my memory lapse can be restored, thanks!

Libellés :