vendredi 26 septembre 2003

Blogosphere

Let's see from the blogroll what some people have been up to!

- Carly is back from her Blogger-rebellion, yay!
- Michelle is starting a project mail-a-thon and is contemplating where to live.
- Matt wonders if he looks like Richard Gere or James van der Beek.
- Tracy gets onto her soapbox again, but I appreciate what she has to say!
- Trevor makes a man pie.
- Matt is having a grand time on his Barnabas Team learning tons about God.
- Coqui is proud to march to the beat of a different drum - and shares her creative gifts with everyone along the way!
- Gerrard has a hilarious list of rules that women should follow!

***

Tonight was a worship event for the youth at church. All I can say is God's presence was definitely felt there. It was another night of 'unquenchable songs and endless praise' for me; I just wanted to sing all night long without ceasing. I was also able to clear stuff up between God and me and I just felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders.

This is such a striking statement, I hope it's alright that I quote it:

"A couple of days ago it hit me that forgiveness like GOD requires isn't just about swallowing it up (the problem) or keeping it inside. It's airing it out, looking at it, facing it, and still being able to say to that person: "I forgive you." I have not reached that point yet. But I know my GOD. And I know HE has reached that point with me."
- Coqui from far too easily satisfied


That is something I've been having the hardest time with lately; in fact it's been my biggest struggle. I guess I'm not doing myself a favour by bottling it up inside but I'm afraid of what I'll do if it comes out. Sigh, life is so frustrating sometimes. Thank goodness we have a God who understands exactly what it's like! Anyways, gotta go - I have a class tomorrow and I get to watch my friend act in a play downtown :)

Libellés :