dimanche 3 août 2003

"The Passion"

So the news about this new movie has been out for a while now. It's the one that Mel Gibson is producing that chronicles the last days of Jesus Christ on earth. Seems there's a lot of controversy brewing about it. My friend was telling me how the movie was being labeled as too violent. Too violent... of all the things. Yes it was violent, our Lord went through excruciating (the source of this word) pain and suffering so that we could be cleansed by the blood that He shed on the cross. The Gospel accounts go into explicit details about this. I think the movie will visually show us the cost of what Jesus went through, the price He paid so that we would be able to have access to God. It's about time we got out of our complacent bubbles and really see what happened so that we don't take His death for granted. I know I need to, for sure.

Libellés :