samedi 16 août 2003

Marriage

Hmm I think Josh may be onto something smart here with his list of requirements for a spouse, which I will adapt for myself:
1. Christian
2. Male
3. Breathing
4. And I have to love him

I think that so many people get wrapped up in creating lists with multiple requirements that are seemingly excessive and redundant for who their future spouse is. I mean, does it really matter if your husband/wife has pearly white teeth and the perfect tan, etc. etc. etc.? I think that God has chosen our spouses for us already in that He knows who will complement us the best as we and our spouse serve Him together in marriage as the one unit which He has created for His glory. It's such a simple idea; to trust in Him and believe that He will provide for us, rather than taking it on ourselves to search vainly (and yes, I think it can be a vain attempt in trying to find someone that will fit our lists, rather than the Father's perfect and divine will) for the one. Why not leave all this to Him?

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
- Matthew 6:33-34

Libellés :